Textile and apparel industry is one of the fastest-growing industries, employing millions of people worldwide. Therefore, it is important for organisations to make the interface between supplier & retailer as efficient as possible in order to tackle the challenges of a volatile global market. Quick reaction has become one of the core aspects of competitiveness for contemporary companies.
First, let's understand what Quick Reaction Time means.
Quick Reaction has a great impact on the fashion industry both at the retail level and the manufacturing level. The fashion apparel industry has signiﬁcantly evolved, particularly over the last 20 years. The changing dynamics of the fashion industry have forced retailers to desire low cost, ﬂexibility in design, quality and speed to market to maintain a proﬁtable position in the increasingly demanding market.
Today's fashion market is highly competitive with a constant need to 'refresh' product ranges, which means that there is an inevitable move by many retailers to extend the number of 'seasons', that is, the frequency with which the entire merchandise within a store or at the manufacturer level is changed. Retailers have moved on to smaller collections to encourage customers to visit the store more frequently with the idea of Here Today, Gone Tomorrow. This has certainly put an added pressure on the manufacturers/suppliers to constantly change the collection according to the market's demand.
In a nutshell, that's what quick reaction is. It intends to shorten the lead time from receiving an order to delivery of the products.
Main Problems That Occur While Implementing Quick Reaction Time
● Fragmented Process Chains- Process chain fragmentation occurs when critical processes aren't managed as an integrated system. When organizations become fragmented, it requires more work to deliver value to the customer.
● Production Scales- Designers must carefully consider the scale of production against the economic viability of the product. Else it becomes a wastage of money and resources.
● Missing Standards of Communications Interfaces- Improper communication within the company may lead to hampering and delay in production.
● Small Profit Margins- Setting the right cost and price for your product is crucial to run a profitable business.
● Longer Lead Time- Longer lead time negatively affect sales and manufacturing processes, reducing lead time can improve productivity, output, and revenue.
Role of BlueKaktus In Overcoming Above Problems
BlueKaktus can provide a range of customized solutions for your manufacturing operations. We don't offer a one-size-fits-all approach, instead, we get to know your organization, your people and the environment within which you operate before working with you to find an approach that is tailored to your requirements, meeting your needs and addressing your most pressing challenges.
BlueKaktus Help You in the Following Ways to Overcome Problems:
•Optimization of Supply Chain Management
•Proactive alerts on deviations in normal BAU
•Better Control and Visibility
● Data Mining & Analytics
•Easier Design and Sample Tracking
•Intuitive Decision Making
•Instantaneous Retrieval of Relevant Information
•Automation of Routine tasks
•Enhanced Work-flow Management solution
•Automation of Quality Management
Rising demand for ready-made garments in the global market requires efficient merchandise management. The goal of BlueKaktus is to develop an efficient manufacturing system that is optimal in all the ways. With our system, retailers can give consumers what they actually want becoming the ultimate winners.